What should I do when firmware upgrade failed?
Here’s the procedure if upgrade failed while upgrading the hardware version of USB Capture devices through USB Capture Utility V3:
- Make sure all the other applications are closed during upgrading.
- Make sure the device was not unpluged or operated, the computer was not shut down or rebooted
during the update process.
- Click Retry repeatly. If all failed, go to the next step.
- Unplug and reconnect the device. If the device can be recognized by USB Capture Utility V3
correctly, try to upgrade again. If not or upgrade failed again, go to the next step.
- For more help, please contact our support team at email@example.com or the dealer.
Why the firmware upgrade function of Utility V3 is not available when my USB capture device is connected?
Only the following capture devices support Utility V3:
- USB Capture HDMI Gen 2
- USB Capture SDI Gen 2
- USB Capture AIO
- USB Capture HDMI Plus
- USB Capture SDI Plus
- USB Capture DVI Plus
- USB Capture HDMI 4K Plus
- USB Capture SDI 4K Plus
- If your device is not listed, it cannot support firmware upgrading using Utility V3.
If your device is listed, you need to check the Firmware version. If it is lower than 2.6.6907, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help.