SDK provides extended interface IMWCaptureExtension for using in DirectShow application:
- Obtain device information, input signal information and different event notification;
- Obtain and change A/V input interface;
- Obtain and set i/o image format, de-interlace, cropping, etc
- OSD overlay
- Obtain and edit EDID information
Users can call SDK interface on DirectShow application according to following steps:
- Include header file "MWCaptureExtensionIntf.h" (under Directory SDK \ Include);
- Use DEFINE_GUID to define GUID value, DEFINE_GUID(IID_IMWCaptureExtension, 0x3A45B930, 0xFF5C, 0x42AA, 0xa5, 0xa2, 0x43, 0x77, 0x1b, 0x93, 0xeb, 0xef);
- In DirectShow application, use QueryInterface() to obtain the pointer to the interface defined by header file “MWCaptureExtensionIntf.h”;
- Use QueryInterface() returned pointer to call MWCapture SDK interface
In all, header file "MWCaptureExtensionIntf.h" almost provides all the interfaces that cover MWCapture SDK, so users can easily use different features of MWCapture SDK on DirectShow application, which also makes the application development more flexible and simple.
Examples \ DShowExamples \ FilterProperty contains a demo for the method mentioned above.