Driver, Firmware, Utilities, Software, Documents, SDK, Patches
1. Added MP4 recording module. include:
Library file: mw_mp4.lib mw_mp4.dll
2. Added Mp4Repair C++, which repairs damaged MP4 recorded with MP4.
3. Optimized AVCapture C++, which is capable of recoding MP4 files instead of flv files.
4. Updated HDRCapture C++, which integrates the IMGUI to build the GUI frame, encodes with GPU Hardware Encoding, and records MP4 files using MP4.
5. Updated MWCCPlayer_DRLib C++, which integrates the IMGUI to build the GUI frame, encodes with GPU Hardware Encoding, and records MP4 files with MP4.
6. Added support for the capture card recovery by calling MWSetPostReconfig.
7. Optimized GetANCPacket C++, which provides custom parameters for capturing ANC data.
1. Add the hardware video encoding library.
2. Add the hardware video encoding application MWVencEncode C++ which provides the features of capturing, encoding and saving video data.
3. Add files for hardware video encoding library.
4. Add cross-reference across APIs, examples and feature description documents.
5. Add CaptureByField C++.
6. Add some interfaces which can be seen in a file after installation.
7. Optimize example performance by capturing BGR24 instead of BGRA.
8. Optimize API document.
9. Fix a few bugs.
Optimized Magewell APIs and Examples in SDK V3
1. Fixed audio device enumeration issues caused by specific APIs of the SDK.
2. Fixed the occasiontal problem of failing to pop up the USB plugin/unplugged notification.
3. Added support for MinGW.
4. Optimized document of SDK V3 Example.
5. Optimized SDK V3 examples for C++, C#, VB, Java.
a) Modularized all cmd examples to make it easy to read.
b) Added support to cmd examples for Qt.
c) Added function of CaptureByInput: outputting the same frame rate as the input interlaced signals, for example, input 30i signal, and output 30p video.
d) Modified the signal detection mechanism of AudioCapture, AVCapture, MulitAudioCapture.
e) Updated windows Direct3D video rendering. Support for multiple color formats rendering and color space conversion.
f) Fixed the issue that the AVCapture saved flv files with wrong number of frames in the attribute.
g) Updated AVCapture2. Add support to audio enumeration and switch of audio input channel.
h) Add function to MultiAudioCapture. When a multi-channel device is used, it can capture video from one channel and audio from another two channels. Add multi-channel audio rendering based on DSound. Support all the audio compress format in IEC 61937 standard.
i) Optimized NDISender capture workflow, and updated NDI SDK to 3.7.
j) Optimized HDRCapture rendering process, which makes it preview HDR effect in real time while setting the parameters, and fixed the recording properties issues.
Optimized rendering of all C# examples. Support for multiple color formats and image flip.
a) Optimized rendering of all VB examples, and support for multiple color formats and image flip.
b) Support for multiple color formats and image flip.
a) Optimized rendering of all Java examples, and support for multiple color formats and image flip.
This section describes the changes between Magewell Capture SDK 3.3 (hereafter called “MWCaptureSDK 3.3” or “MWCaptureSDK3.3.x.x”) and its older versions, XI_SDK2 and MWCaptureSDK, which aims at helping developers get a better understanding of how to use the latest SDK. We highly recommend that users of XI_SDK2 or MWCaptureSDK read this important release note.
MWCaptureSDK 3.3 is the latest SDK, which integrates and replaces both XI_SDK2 and MWCaptureSDK. We highly recommend that users of any older versions upgrade to MWCaptureSDK 3.3 immediately for better support.
We've used the same API definitions in MWCaptureSDK 3.3.x.x. Users just need to modify the directory of header files and library they have included in the developing environment which is based on either XI_SDK2 or MWCaptureSDK. Users don't need to modify how they call APIs in the development nor recompile the application when they update to the latest Run-time library (Magewel Capture Runtime 3.3.x.x). For users of XI_SDK2, please refer to the directory called “MWCaptureSDK 3.3.x.x\SDKv2”; for users of MWCaptureSDK, please refer to the directory called “MWCaptureSDK 3.3.x.x\SDKv3”. Please also note that Magewell will keep the “MWCaptureSDK 3.3.x.x \SDKv3” in an active mode in the future.
Supported Operating Systems
|Family||Support SDKv2||Support SDKv3|
|First Generation Capture Device||Yes||No|
|Pro Capture Family||Yes||Yes|
|USB Capture Family||Yes||Yes|
|USB Capture Plus Family||Yes||Yes|
|Eco Capture Family||Yes||Yes|
Note: Due to the limitation of hardware, some APIs (e.g. OSD, Lowlatency, etc) in SDKv3 are not available with USB Capture/USB Capture Plus/Eco Capture Families.
Added related documentation:
Closed Caption (SDKv3\Documents): how to decode and render closed caption signals using the CC samples.
HDRCapture (SDKv3\Examples\VC++\GUI): to capture, decode and render HDR signal based on Magewell API.
Added related documentation:
HDRCapture(SDKv3\Documents): how to preview and record HDR signals using the HDRCapture sample.
AVCapture (SDKv3\Examples\VC++\GUI): to capture audio and video through Magewell API using Pro Capture and Eco Capture Family devices.
We've added a couple of APIs within SDKv3 directory of MWCaptureSDK 3.3 to support USB Capture Family, USB Capture Plus Family and Eco Capture Family. Developers can get property settings of these families and capture video and audio via these APIs.
The new sample applications are shown as below:
Unlike XI_SDK nor MWCaptureSDK which are provided as Zip files, the MWCaptureSDK 3.3.x.x has been packed as binary files including SDK files for developers (Magewell Capture SDK 3.3.x.x.exe) and Run-time library to be installed in end users' computers (Magewell Capture Runtime 3.3.x.x.exe).
The Run-time library, which was previously found in the Bin file (such as LibMWCapture.dll), will be installed in the directory of Windows\System32 (with 64-bit OS, library for 64-bit will be installed in Windows\System32 with that for 32-bit installed in Windows\SysWOW64). Meanwhile, the directory structure and contents of Include, Lib and Examples almost remain unchanged.
If any parts of MWCaptureSDK 3.3 are included in the users' to-be released products, they should redistribute the product together with the MWCaptureRT.exe (In the MWCaptureSDK 3.3.x.x\Runtime) using a silent installation. Users are not allowed to copy or move any files within Magewell's Run-time library to their to-be-released products. (Please refer to MWCaptureSDK 3.3.x.x\Runtime\RedistLicense.rtf for more details).
1. Added hardware video encoding module.
2. Added mp4 recording module.
3. Added the Mp4Repair example to recovery broken mp4 files.
4. Changed the MP4 recording tool from ffmpeg to mw_mp4 in AVCapture, HDRCapture and HDRCaptureRecord example.
5. Optimized SDKv3 documentation.
6. Added the following APIs.
7. Replaced the interfaces of USB capture device and Pro/Eco Capture device, that have the same functions, with common interfaces.
8. Added other examples.